Saturday, December 6, 2008

Sorry it has been so long

I guess this is blog has the same problem as my journal. I forget about it for a while unless I have something interesting to say.



Not much has happened since the last blog. Boogie Woogie Christmas Carol opens tonight and I am really excited about it. I love my solos and my costume for the Ghost looks really good on. I will hopefully get pictures from the show and post them. And I get to do some partnering which is always fun. Rehearsals got kind of intense since we only had a short amount of time to learn everything.



I will say that during the tech/dress rehearsal last night the entire company was getting a little ticked off. There are several kid dances in the show so they decided to let the kids run through all of their stuff then bring in the company to run the whole show minus the kid dances (they just played the music so we had an idea of timing). There were 2 reasons for doing this: 1 so that the kids were not stuck at the theater until 11o/c at night and 2 so that the parents weren't sitting in the audience while the company was rehearsing.



The problem was that it took forever to run the kid dances. They ran over their time by at least an hour. One of the hip hop numbers was acutally rehearsing their piece on the stage as opposed to just running it!!! Which ment that we were not able to start rehearsing until later and hence we did not get out of the theater until 11:30!!! Which can be okay for a musical or a play but not for a dance show. Needless to say I was not the only one in a sour mood by the time we started.



okay running out the door now I will finish this later.



;-)

No comments: